Firewood Cooking : Math Cooking Activities.
- Wood burned as fuel
- Wood fuel is wood used as fuel. The burning of wood is currently the largest use of energy derived from a solid fuel biomass. Wood fuel can be used for cooking and heating, and occasionally for fueling steam engines and steam turbines that generate electricity.
- Firewood is any wood-like material that is gathered and used for fuel. Generally, firewood is not highly processed and is in some sort of recognizable log or branch form.
- wood used for fuel; "they collected and cut their own firewood"
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
Women Collecting Firewood Late Afternoon in India
After collecting wood in late afternoon, groups of women are carrying headloads along the beach and are returning to their homes in order to prepare their evening meals. It is often not well known that men also participate in fuelwood collection, but generally in far fewer numbers compared to women. Sure enough in this beachside scene near Panaji, Goa, there is only one man among the many people carrying fuelwood back to their homes.
Firewood and other forms of biomass energy have been the main household cooking
fuel since ancient times. Even today in India and other developing countries, family members collect firewood
their food. The amount of time spent collecting fuelwood depends on the local resource conditions, with high collection time in arid or deforested areas. It is quite common for this firewood
collection to take an hour per day when averaged over the course of a week.
This picture is an older slide scanned to a photograph. At the time Panaji was a small town with beautiful and very quiet outlying areas. As indicated in this picture very few people populated the Miramar beach, but I am sure today it is very crowded.
cook one whole goat using its fat as fuel
once you light a small firewood fire the fat that drips off is directed to the fire which makes more fire which produces more fat and so on and so forth.
this can go on for many many goats so long as they are fat enough and you can eat enough.
the energy value of dripping lard is seemingly quite high. and smells good.
Similar posts: rachael ray cooking tools cooking pressure cooker watch beautiful cooking 2 which oil is good for cooking cast iron cooking stoves cooking knives set play funny cooking games kirkland spiral ham cooking instructions jeux de cooking mama en ligne